QPR boss Warnock believes striker is a ‘snip’
Former Blackpool star tipped to light up Premier League
Neil Warnock believes that QPR’s capture of DJ Campbell from Blackpool will prove one of the bargains of the season.
Warnock, who has been working with limited funds this summer, brought Campbell to Loftus Road for just �1.25 million thanks to a release clause in the striker’s contract.
Campbell scored 13 Premier League goals last season, and took less than 30 seconds to net his debut QPR goal against Luton Town last week.
And Warnock believes the former Leicester, Birmingham and Yeading man will provide the perfect foil to Jay Bothroyd during the upcoming campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a hard-working lad, and Bothroyd’s not going to be fit every week, he’s going to have a bad spell as well,” said Warnock.
“In the Premier League you’ve got to have top-quality strikers, you’ve got to have people who can score to survive, and to get him for the sort of figures that we talked about, I just think it’s a snip really and I’m delighted to have him on board.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 4 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 8 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 9 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 10 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
“He’s so keen and dedicated to being a QPR player.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes