QPR boss Warnock believes striker is a ‘snip’
Former Blackpool star tipped to light up Premier League
Neil Warnock believes that QPR’s capture of DJ Campbell from Blackpool will prove one of the bargains of the season.
Warnock, who has been working with limited funds this summer, brought Campbell to Loftus Road for just �1.25 million thanks to a release clause in the striker’s contract.
Campbell scored 13 Premier League goals last season, and took less than 30 seconds to net his debut QPR goal against Luton Town last week.
And Warnock believes the former Leicester, Birmingham and Yeading man will provide the perfect foil to Jay Bothroyd during the upcoming campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a hard-working lad, and Bothroyd’s not going to be fit every week, he’s going to have a bad spell as well,” said Warnock.
“In the Premier League you’ve got to have top-quality strikers, you’ve got to have people who can score to survive, and to get him for the sort of figures that we talked about, I just think it’s a snip really and I’m delighted to have him on board.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
“He’s so keen and dedicated to being a QPR player.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes