QPR boss Warnock believes striker is a ‘snip’
Former Blackpool star tipped to light up Premier League
Neil Warnock believes that QPR’s capture of DJ Campbell from Blackpool will prove one of the bargains of the season.
Warnock, who has been working with limited funds this summer, brought Campbell to Loftus Road for just �1.25 million thanks to a release clause in the striker’s contract.
Campbell scored 13 Premier League goals last season, and took less than 30 seconds to net his debut QPR goal against Luton Town last week.
And Warnock believes the former Leicester, Birmingham and Yeading man will provide the perfect foil to Jay Bothroyd during the upcoming campaign.
“He’s a hard-working lad, and Bothroyd’s not going to be fit every week, he’s going to have a bad spell as well,” said Warnock.
“In the Premier League you’ve got to have top-quality strikers, you’ve got to have people who can score to survive, and to get him for the sort of figures that we talked about, I just think it’s a snip really and I’m delighted to have him on board.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 4 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Report shows how much councils spend on electric vehicle chargers
- 8 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 9 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 10 ‘Hello, Wembley’: New stage launch kicks off summer of live music
“He’s so keen and dedicated to being a QPR player.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes