QPR boss Warnock believes striker is a ‘snip’
Former Blackpool star tipped to light up Premier League
Neil Warnock believes that QPR’s capture of DJ Campbell from Blackpool will prove one of the bargains of the season.
Warnock, who has been working with limited funds this summer, brought Campbell to Loftus Road for just �1.25 million thanks to a release clause in the striker’s contract.
Campbell scored 13 Premier League goals last season, and took less than 30 seconds to net his debut QPR goal against Luton Town last week.
And Warnock believes the former Leicester, Birmingham and Yeading man will provide the perfect foil to Jay Bothroyd during the upcoming campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a hard-working lad, and Bothroyd’s not going to be fit every week, he’s going to have a bad spell as well,” said Warnock.
“In the Premier League you’ve got to have top-quality strikers, you’ve got to have people who can score to survive, and to get him for the sort of figures that we talked about, I just think it’s a snip really and I’m delighted to have him on board.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 3 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
“He’s so keen and dedicated to being a QPR player.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes