QPR boss: Taarabt must bide his time
No quick route back into the side for frozen-out midfielder, says Hughes
Mark Hughes admits there may be no quick route back to regular first-team football for Adel Taarabt, hinting that the midfielder is still paying the price for the opening-day defeat against Swansea.
Taarabt has not featured in the league for the Rs since they were taken apart 5-0 by the Swans at Loftus Road.
The Morocco international (below) was one of a number of players who bore the brunt of Hughes’s frustration at that shock result, and the manager is calling on Taarabt to prove his worth on the training pitch and fight his way back into the team.
However, Hughes insisted that Taarabt, who signed a new contract extension during the summer, remains central to his long-term plans.
You may also want to watch:
“On the first day of the season we were beaten at home quite comprehensively, and I made changes,” Hughes told the Times.
“Those changes affected Adel. But he’s very well thought of here, this is the best place for him and he will get games.
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
“But he has to bide his time like a number of other players do. There are a number of players waiting to get a run in the team, and they will get that run.
“They just need to keep on focusing on working hard on training and making it difficult to leave them out of the team.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPTimes