QPR boss reluctant to part with winger Hoilett
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
QPR manager Harry Redknapp insists that only a ‘big offer’ will convince him to part with winger Junior Hoilett.
Former Rangers boss Mark Hughes is keen to bring Hoilett to Stoke City, with a possible season-long loan deal also on the cards.
Redknapp said he is unwilling to sell the 23-year-old. “Mark has to make the offer that would take him there,” he said. “We don’t want to lose him, we want to keep him here.
“If someone wants to buy him they will have to make a big offer because I have been delighted with him, he has been outstanding.”
Redknapp also confirmed that QPR owner Tony Fernandes has agreed a deal with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy for Scott Parker, with any move now down to the player.
“We have made a good offer for Scott and agreed the terms with Tottenham,” added the manager. “We would love to have him here. It’s up to Scott to make his mind up whether he wants to come here or not. The chairman agreed a deal with Daniel Levy and now it’s up to Scott where he wants to go.”
Redknapp believes that Parker and his Spurs team-mate Jermain Defoe, who both harbour England aspirations ahead of next summer’s World Cup, could flourish at Loftus Road.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 4 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 6 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 9 ‘Hello, Wembley’: New stage launch kicks off summer of live music
- 10 Report shows how much councils spend on electric vehicle chargers
“If you are playing in this division and you are playing well, it’s better to be playing than it is to be at a club and not playing,” he said.
“We feel we are a club who are looking to get back up this year. If Scott stays at Tottenham and is not in the team he’s got less chance of getting in the national team.”
Meanwhile, the manager confirmed that QPR will not be signing Duvan Zapata from Estudiantes. He said: “Zapata is a player we talked about. In the next few years he could be a big star. He’s a player we would look at a few years down the line.”