QPR boss makes Wright-Phillips promise
Winger has a big part to play, insists Hughes
Mark Hughes insists Shaun Wright-Phillips has a major role to play for QPR between now and the end of the season.
Wright-Phillips was dropped from the starting line-up for last week’s win over Liverpool, and played only the final 30 minutes of the 3-1 defeat at Sunderland on Saturday.
Hughes admitted the winger needed a rest after a difficult first season at Loftus Road, but the manager is confident the player can deliver between now and the end of the season.
“Shaun has been struggling for a little bit of form,” said Hughes. “He gives so much in training and in games, and you would say that he’s struggling just to find that form that he needs.
You may also want to watch:
“Some players sometimes need to be taken out of the fray and need time to recuperate. I’m sure he will be a big player for us from now until the end of the season.
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 9 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
- 10 Special needs school's bus cut due to petrol crisis