QPR boss makes Wright-Phillips promise
Winger has a big part to play, insists Hughes
Mark Hughes insists Shaun Wright-Phillips has a major role to play for QPR between now and the end of the season.
Wright-Phillips was dropped from the starting line-up for last week’s win over Liverpool, and played only the final 30 minutes of the 3-1 defeat at Sunderland on Saturday.
Hughes admitted the winger needed a rest after a difficult first season at Loftus Road, but the manager is confident the player can deliver between now and the end of the season.
“Shaun has been struggling for a little bit of form,” said Hughes. “He gives so much in training and in games, and you would say that he’s struggling just to find that form that he needs.
You may also want to watch:
“Some players sometimes need to be taken out of the fray and need time to recuperate. I’m sure he will be a big player for us from now until the end of the season.
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears