QPR boss: I didn’t want to sell Taarabt when I was at Spurs
QPR manager Harry Redknapp is delighted to be working with Adel Taarabt again at Loftus Road.
The 65-year-old sold the Moroccan while at Tottenham but admitted that he was reluctant to do so and it was only the form of Luka Modric and Gareth Bale that forced his hand.
“I sold him,” he said. “I didn’t want to let him go.
“I thought he had great ability. It was difficult for him – he had Modric, Bale and god knows who keeping him out of the team.
“It was difficult for Adel. I felt he had the ability to become a top player. There is no doubting his ability.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve got to get the best out of him. If we do that he’s a match-winner.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 6 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre