QPR boss has ‘no problem’ with Barton form
Hughes believes skipper’s work-rate and energy in midfield is crucial to their survival chances
Mark Hughes insists he is happy with the form of skipper Joey Barton.
Barton’s performances have come under scrutiny in recent weeks as Rangers midfield has come off second best in a number of games, particularly in the home defeats to Wolves and Fulham.
Hughes admits the skipper blows hot and cold, but is pleased with Bartons all-round contribution.
“Joey is doing fine in terms of his work-rate and his energy and has topped the pile in terms of his fitness stats, so he’s the guy whose energy is giving a lot to the team,” Hughes told London24.com.
You may also want to watch:
“Joey is his own worst critic, I would say that maybe in some games he has not had as much influence as he would have liked, but in others he has been very prominent.
“I haven’t got a problem with the way Joey is playing at the moment. It’s important that we keep his energy in the team, and his form will come and go, and that happens in football.”
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.