QPR boss hails Leeds United as ‘one of the great clubs of English football’
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Harry Redknapp believes his QPR side will be playing one of the favourites for the Championship when Rangers face Leeds United at Elland Road tomorrow.
The day’s early kick-off pits together two sides who are yet to lose in the league this season, with Brian McDermott’s team sitting sixth in the table, two points and two places below QPR.
United’s new owner, David Haigh, stated earlier this summer that the club are targeting a return to the Premier League within two years, despite finishing 13th last season.
Redknapp hailed Leeds as “one of the great clubs of English football”, and says QPR can expect one of their toughest battles of the season at Elland Road.
“I’m sure they’ll be there or thereabouts,” said Redknapp. “No-one will go to Elland Road and get an easy game. They will be right up there. We’ll have to be at our best to get a result.
You may also want to watch:
“You don’t get an easy game at Leeds. They are one of the great clubs in English football. You look back over the years at the club Leeds have been. They still take great support home and away, it’s an intimidating place to go and they’ve got a good manager.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism