QPR boss hails Leeds United as ‘one of the great clubs of English football’
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Harry Redknapp believes his QPR side will be playing one of the favourites for the Championship when Rangers face Leeds United at Elland Road tomorrow.
The day’s early kick-off pits together two sides who are yet to lose in the league this season, with Brian McDermott’s team sitting sixth in the table, two points and two places below QPR.
United’s new owner, David Haigh, stated earlier this summer that the club are targeting a return to the Premier League within two years, despite finishing 13th last season.
Redknapp hailed Leeds as “one of the great clubs of English football”, and says QPR can expect one of their toughest battles of the season at Elland Road.
“I’m sure they’ll be there or thereabouts,” said Redknapp. “No-one will go to Elland Road and get an easy game. They will be right up there. We’ll have to be at our best to get a result.
You may also want to watch:
“You don’t get an easy game at Leeds. They are one of the great clubs in English football. You look back over the years at the club Leeds have been. They still take great support home and away, it’s an intimidating place to go and they’ve got a good manager.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'