QPR boss discusses January transfer plans
QPR manager Harry Redknapp is not currently planning on bringing players into the club.
The R’s are currently bottom of the Premier League table with four points from 13 games, resulting in the sacking of Mark Hughes on Friday, before the 3-1 defeat at Manchester United.
“We’re not looking to [bring players in],” Redknapp said. “The owners have been fantastic with their backing. They brought players in over the summer.
“I don’t think anyone brought more in than QPR did. We need to get the best out of what’s here.
“If there are a couple of loans in the window or whatever, then we’ll be interested. The owners have spent a lot of money already.”
You may also want to watch:
One area where the R’s need to improve is up front after only scoring 10 goals all season and it does not help when Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamora are both on the treatment table.
Redknapp added: “Well, we’re not overloaded with strikers here.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 5 Neasden businessman left in lurch by HSBC loan programme
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'savoured' his side's penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 7 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
“Bobby Zamora is out long-term. Andy Johnson is out.
“They’re two good players that we’re missing. The window is a long way away. We need to pick up points. “