QPR boss confirms his interest in Spurs defender
Tottenham’s Bassong may be a target for Warnock in January
Neil Warnock today refused to rule out a renewed bid for Tottenham centre-back Sebastien Bassong during the January transfer window.
QPR thought they had wrapped up a deal for the Cameroon international on the summer transfer deadline day, only for the deal to fall through late on when Tottenham failed in their efforts to sign Gary Cahill from Bolton Wanderers.
But Warnock is keen to add reinforcements to his defence, especially in light of the 6-0 hammering at Fulham two weeks ago, and hinted Bassong could still be on his radar.
"I don’t know yet [whether we’ll go back in for him], we’re looking at a number of options," said Warnock. "Not just in England, we’re looking further afield as well.
You may also want to watch:
"I thought we had done the deal [during the summer], but unfortunately late on that night they pulled the plug on it.
"We’ve known all along what we need, we were also looking at one or two other players at that time, but we couldn’t get it all done, a defender, a striker, situations like that.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
"You’re always trying to improve your squad, every club is."
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=72cbe0cb60" >Live QPR web chat</a>