QPR boss confirms his interest in Spurs defender
Tottenham’s Bassong may be a target for Warnock in January
Neil Warnock today refused to rule out a renewed bid for Tottenham centre-back Sebastien Bassong during the January transfer window.
QPR thought they had wrapped up a deal for the Cameroon international on the summer transfer deadline day, only for the deal to fall through late on when Tottenham failed in their efforts to sign Gary Cahill from Bolton Wanderers.
But Warnock is keen to add reinforcements to his defence, especially in light of the 6-0 hammering at Fulham two weeks ago, and hinted Bassong could still be on his radar.
"I don’t know yet [whether we’ll go back in for him], we’re looking at a number of options," said Warnock. "Not just in England, we’re looking further afield as well.
"I thought we had done the deal [during the summer], but unfortunately late on that night they pulled the plug on it.
"We’ve known all along what we need, we were also looking at one or two other players at that time, but we couldn’t get it all done, a defender, a striker, situations like that.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
"You’re always trying to improve your squad, every club is."
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=72cbe0cb60" >Live QPR web chat</a>