QPR boss confirms his interest in Spurs defender
Tottenham’s Bassong may be a target for Warnock in January
Neil Warnock today refused to rule out a renewed bid for Tottenham centre-back Sebastien Bassong during the January transfer window.
QPR thought they had wrapped up a deal for the Cameroon international on the summer transfer deadline day, only for the deal to fall through late on when Tottenham failed in their efforts to sign Gary Cahill from Bolton Wanderers.
But Warnock is keen to add reinforcements to his defence, especially in light of the 6-0 hammering at Fulham two weeks ago, and hinted Bassong could still be on his radar.
"I don’t know yet [whether we’ll go back in for him], we’re looking at a number of options," said Warnock. "Not just in England, we’re looking further afield as well.
"I thought we had done the deal [during the summer], but unfortunately late on that night they pulled the plug on it.
"We’ve known all along what we need, we were also looking at one or two other players at that time, but we couldn’t get it all done, a defender, a striker, situations like that.
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 3 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 4 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 5 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
"You’re always trying to improve your squad, every club is."
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=72cbe0cb60" >Live QPR web chat</a>