QPR boss confirms his interest in Spurs defender
Tottenham’s Bassong may be a target for Warnock in January
Neil Warnock today refused to rule out a renewed bid for Tottenham centre-back Sebastien Bassong during the January transfer window.
QPR thought they had wrapped up a deal for the Cameroon international on the summer transfer deadline day, only for the deal to fall through late on when Tottenham failed in their efforts to sign Gary Cahill from Bolton Wanderers.
But Warnock is keen to add reinforcements to his defence, especially in light of the 6-0 hammering at Fulham two weeks ago, and hinted Bassong could still be on his radar.
"I don’t know yet [whether we’ll go back in for him], we’re looking at a number of options," said Warnock. "Not just in England, we’re looking further afield as well.
You may also want to watch:
"I thought we had done the deal [during the summer], but unfortunately late on that night they pulled the plug on it.
"We’ve known all along what we need, we were also looking at one or two other players at that time, but we couldn’t get it all done, a defender, a striker, situations like that.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
"You’re always trying to improve your squad, every club is."
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=72cbe0cb60" >Live QPR web chat</a>