QPR announce new sponsorship deal
QPR have announced a new sponsorship deal with Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia.
Malaysia Airlines will sponsor the home shirt for the next two seasons, and Air Asia the away and third shirt over the same period.
Both airlines are connected to QPR owner Tony Fernandes, who completed his takeover in August. The club did not reveal the exact value of the ‘multi-million pound’ deal.
QPR CEO Philip Beard said: “This is a unique and exciting venture for the football club.
“Attracting two major Asian companies to come on board shows the global appeal QPR has as a brand.
“We are extremely positive about building a thriving relationship with both businesses in a bid to broaden our exposure in Southeast Asia and further afield.
“This is a remarkable deal for the club and brings further positive news following a highly successful few weeks since the takeover was finalised.”
- 1 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes