QPR announce new sponsorship deal
QPR have announced a new sponsorship deal with Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia.
Malaysia Airlines will sponsor the home shirt for the next two seasons, and Air Asia the away and third shirt over the same period.
Both airlines are connected to QPR owner Tony Fernandes, who completed his takeover in August. The club did not reveal the exact value of the ‘multi-million pound’ deal.
QPR CEO Philip Beard said: “This is a unique and exciting venture for the football club.
“Attracting two major Asian companies to come on board shows the global appeal QPR has as a brand.
You may also want to watch:
“We are extremely positive about building a thriving relationship with both businesses in a bid to broaden our exposure in Southeast Asia and further afield.
“This is a remarkable deal for the club and brings further positive news following a highly successful few weeks since the takeover was finalised.”
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 8 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 9 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes