QPR announce new sponsorship deal
QPR have announced a new sponsorship deal with Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia.
Malaysia Airlines will sponsor the home shirt for the next two seasons, and Air Asia the away and third shirt over the same period.
Both airlines are connected to QPR owner Tony Fernandes, who completed his takeover in August. The club did not reveal the exact value of the ‘multi-million pound’ deal.
QPR CEO Philip Beard said: “This is a unique and exciting venture for the football club.
“Attracting two major Asian companies to come on board shows the global appeal QPR has as a brand.
You may also want to watch:
“We are extremely positive about building a thriving relationship with both businesses in a bid to broaden our exposure in Southeast Asia and further afield.
“This is a remarkable deal for the club and brings further positive news following a highly successful few weeks since the takeover was finalised.”
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Police officer convicted after being caught drink driving
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes