QPR 1-0 Bristol City: Hasselbaink hails Sylla after Rs extend unbeaten run
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink hailed Idrissa Sylla’s performance, after the striker fired QPR to their first home success since the opening day of the season as they overcame Bristol City on Tuesday night.
Sylla broke the deadlock with 15 minutes remaining after getting on the end of an excellent cross from Massimo Luongo, as the Rs secured a hard-earned victory over the Robins - extending their unbeaten league run to five games in the process.
And Hasselbaink was full of praise for the Guinean - who scored the Rs’ winner for the second time in three matches - and insists there is more to come from the 25-year-old.
He said: “Scoring is a good habit to have as a striker.
“He is a goalscorer. He thrives on balls into the box. That’s where he can do his damage.
You may also want to watch:
“But his overall display was very pleasing indeed.
“He worked really hard and he came up with a match-winning moment, which is what strikers live for.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 9 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 10 'There's more to a club like Wealdstone than what happens on the pitch'
“We want more of those moments from him and we are very confident that those will come.”
The win saw the Rs move up to 9th in the Championship and just a point off the play-offs, with Hasselbaink stressing how important it was to get maximum points from this encounter.
He added: : “It was a very important win. I thought we thoroughly deserved it. I was very pleased with the performance. We were very brave.
“We’re five unbeaten, which is nice. We want to look upwards, but we’re only focused on the next match [Sheffield Wednesday], and this will be a tough game for us.”