Pyramid charts campaigners battle to takeover Barham Library
Crusaders need �25,000 to place a bid for the axed building
A fundraising effort to raise thousands of pounds to help library volunteers from Wembley regain their former home has been given extra impetus after the idea of a pyramid mapping their progress was conceived.
The Pyramid Appeal, created by members of the Friends of Barham Library, (FOBL) has been created to show their journey as they strive to raise the �25,000 needed to rent back their former home in Barham Park.
Residents and businesses can donate Pyramid stones in values of �25, �50, �100, �250 and �500 to help the friends reach the pinnacle.
So far, they have raised more than �3,000.
You may also want to watch:
Barham Library is one of six permanently shut down by Brent Council last year in a cost saving move, which save the council �1m.
Currently members of FOBL run a volunteer library in Wembley High Road, but are keen to return to their home of more than 60 years.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
Francis Henry, a volunteer at the Friends of Barham Library, said: “We are determined to succeed and will not give up on our objective to get the currently closed buildings used for their intended purpose.
“Many local people have already made generous donations to our cause both in terms of cash and time. We hope that other residents and businesses reading this will also sponsor one of our Pyramid stones by making a donation”
Donations to Friends of Barham Library can be sent to FOBL, 17 Stapenhill Road Wembley HA0 3JF a Gift Aid form can also be downloaded from their website - friendsofbarhamlibrary.wordpress.com