Pupils from Wembley school train with Jacksonville Jaguars NFL
- Credit: Nicky Hayes/NFL
A group of pupils from a primary school in Wembley were treated to a professional American Football training session by players today.
The lucky 100 children from Wembley Primary School in East Lane, were picked by Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team to participate in the unique experience at Watford Leisure Centre.
The excited youngsters were also able to show off their sporting talents to players such as Cecil Shorts III, Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns, and their coaches.
The team will be playing at Wembley Stadium on Sunday where they will be taking on the Dallas Cowboys at the final NFL International Series Game of the year.
The Jaguars have played one home game per season in London since 2013.
Mr Shorts III said: “I always enjoy coming and working with the kids and they were a real pleasure to coach.
“They all seemed to really enjoy themselves and hopefully they’ll go away with an interest in a new sport. You never know, maybe we’ll see one of them in the NFL in the future and, in the meantime, it looks like they’ll be cheering us on against the Cowboys!”
- 1 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 2 A Level results 2022: Brent schools as they come in
- 3 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 4 ‘A Windrush Lioness’: Tributes paid to Harlesden resident Lera Clarke
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 8 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 9 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 10 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
For more information about the Jacksonville Jaguars, and to sign-up to follow the team, visit www.jaguars.com/uk , www.facebook.com/jaguarsuk and Twitter @JaguarsUK #BeJaguars