Pupil at primary school in Stonebridge wins Sarah Teather’s Christmas card competition
- Credit: Archant
The artwork by a pupil from a primary school in Stonebridge will be landing on 20,000 doormats in the borough after he scooped a festive competition.
The design by Szymon Staniak, six, features on Christmas cards sent out by Sarah Teather, Liberal Democrat MP for Brent by Central, after she picked him as the winner of her annual contest.
Ms Teather presented Szymon, a pupil in year two at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School in Wesley Road, with a £50 book token prize during a special assembly.
As part of his prize, Szymon and his class have also won a guided tour of Wembley Stadium.
Each year, Ms Teather invites pupils from all the primary schools in her Brent Central constituency to enter her Christmas card competition.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Picking the winner of the competition is something that I look forward to every year and I’m always extremely impressed with the artistic talent of Brent’s children. The entries are always of a very high quality and this year was no exception.
“It was wonderful to be able to congratulate Szymon at his school last week, and thousands of people across Brent will be receiving a card with his beautiful design on it very soon.”
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours