Pub's takings go in armed raid
by Will Davies Thousands of pounds of a pub s takings were stolen during a suspected armed raid in a post office. The pub s 24-year-old employee was told by thieves he would be shot if he did not hand over around �12,000 in cash while wai
by Will Davies
Thousands of pounds of a pub's takings were stolen during a suspected armed raid in a post office.
The pub's 24-year-old employee was told by thieves he would be shot if he did not hand over around �12,000 in cash while waiting in the queue at West End Lane Post Office in West Hampstead at around 3.30pm on April 20.
The victim dropped the money and the suspects, one black, one white and both around 18 years old, ran out of the building.
You may also want to watch:
The money is believed to be takings from a nearby pub, however police refused to reveal its identity.
Earlier this month robbers attempted to steal �15,000 in takings from a nightclub boss in Kentish Town but snatched the wrong bag.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
Police refused to rule out the possibility the same gang is involved.
A Camden Police spokesman said: "Police are reminding businesses to be vigilant when taking money to banks, building societies or post offices."
The first suspect is described as white, around 5ft 5ins tall, wearing a black hoodie with small white stars and jeans. He had a deep voice.
His accomplice is described as black, 6ft 2ins tall, slim, wearing a black hat, black coat and blue jeans.
Information to Camden Police on 020 7404 1212 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.