Pub's takings go in armed raid
by Will Davies Thousands of pounds of a pub s takings were stolen during a suspected armed raid in a post office. The pub s 24-year-old employee was told by thieves he would be shot if he did not hand over around �12,000 in cash while wai
by Will Davies
Thousands of pounds of a pub's takings were stolen during a suspected armed raid in a post office.
The pub's 24-year-old employee was told by thieves he would be shot if he did not hand over around �12,000 in cash while waiting in the queue at West End Lane Post Office in West Hampstead at around 3.30pm on April 20.
The victim dropped the money and the suspects, one black, one white and both around 18 years old, ran out of the building.
You may also want to watch:
The money is believed to be takings from a nearby pub, however police refused to reveal its identity.
Earlier this month robbers attempted to steal �15,000 in takings from a nightclub boss in Kentish Town but snatched the wrong bag.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 4 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Wembley Park's Summer on Screen festival kicks off with Gurinder Chadha Q&A
- 10 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
Police refused to rule out the possibility the same gang is involved.
A Camden Police spokesman said: "Police are reminding businesses to be vigilant when taking money to banks, building societies or post offices."
The first suspect is described as white, around 5ft 5ins tall, wearing a black hoodie with small white stars and jeans. He had a deep voice.
His accomplice is described as black, 6ft 2ins tall, slim, wearing a black hat, black coat and blue jeans.
Information to Camden Police on 020 7404 1212 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.