Protest over school bonuses
by Alex Wellman Teachers, parents and pupils past and present will protest tomorrow outside a school against bonuses received by senior staff. Whistles will be blown and red cards brandished by the crowd who will vent their anger toward S
by Alex Wellman
Teachers, parents and pupils past and present will protest tomorrow outside a school against bonuses received by senior staff.
Whistles will be blown and red cards brandished by the crowd who will vent their anger toward Sir Alan Davies, head teacher, Copland School, Cecil Avenue, Wembley.
The group say they want full disclosure of all bonuses paid in the school and the re-instatement of three union representatives suspended last week.
You may also want to watch:
They will also reiterate views expressed in a recent motion of no confidence in Sir Alan by teachers at the school and call for the chair of governors to stand down immediately.
The protest is due to begin at 5.30pm outside the school and will run until 6.30pm.
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 9 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard
- 10 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
Follow latest reports in this case on this website, on Facebook by becoming a friend of Willesden Brent Times and on Twitter by following WBTimes - twitter.com/WBTimes