‘Use us or lose us’ warn local shops
- Credit: Archant
Independent shops in Willesden and Harlesden have warned they’ll be forced to close without support over the festive season.
The Brent & Kilburn Times has launched a new Shop Local campaign in the run up to Christmas with a survey of 17 local businesses in Willesden High Road and the High Street and Park Parade in Harlesden.
It revealed around 80 per cent of independent businesses surveyed have witnessed a 40 to 60 per cent drop in income due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Happy Value discount store in the High Road has seen trade fall so low it has not ordered any stock this Christmas.
Hamid Reaidi, who runs a unisex hair salon, said: “As long as customers stay safe, that is the most important thing.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m doing my bit to keep them safe and I hope to see them again in the future.”
However, Lily King in Walm Lane has managed to buck the trend with both her gift store and online presence.
- 1 South African Covid-19 variant found in North Wembley
- 2 Neighbours urge Brent to stop asphalting Conservation Areas
- 3 Wembley Park drug dealer who used encrypted phone network jailed
- 4 QPR bounce back to get better of Bristol City
- 5 Fifth man arrested in connection with fatal stabbing of Sven Badzak
- 6 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 7 Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- 8 Warburton delighted with QPR win at Bristol City
- 9 Council tax is going up - but we'll do all we can to help
- 10 Two men steal dog at knifepoint in Alperton robbery