Principal praises Ark Academy’s “fantastic achievement” in GCSEs
- Credit: Archant
The Principal of Ark Academy has praised her students after she saw them improve on GCSE results from last year.
70 percent of students received A* to C grades in maths and English, while there were severak success stories throughout the school.
Student Daniel Hunt scored eleven A*s and one A, and couldn’t hide his excitement:
“I was hoping to do well, but I’m excited I’ve done this well,” he said.
“French was a surprise as I don’t think I’m that good at it but I managed to get the grade so it was great.”
And Principal Delia Smith was quick to praise the current cohort for their achievements:
“This is a fantastic achievement and an improvement from last year,” she said.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 9 Drunk Euro 2020 football fan 'saved from Wembley fall by Brent Council employee'
- 10 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
“We are very pleased with the increased number of students achieving A*- Bs including English and Maths.
There were so many individual stand outs and what I’m really pleased about is what a strong Sixth Form we will have next year with so many of them joining us.”