Best GCSE exam results at Preston Manor School in a decade
- Credit: Archant
High-flying students have achieved the best GCSE exam results at Preston Manor School in more than a decade.
The school has announced that 26er cent of results awarded to our students were a grade 7 to 9 (A/A* or equivalent) with more than half of these being the top grades (8/9 or A* equivalent).
A number of students celebrated top grades, in particular Jusuf Al Dijely and Ishaan Elahi who received straight 8/9 grades. Most of the top students put their excellent set of results down to consistency and dedication.
Ishaan Elahi (who achieved eight grade 9s, one A* and 1 grade 8) came in early to collect his results and said: “I’d like to thank all my teachers from all my subjects, my mum, my dad and I’m really happy with the work I put into my studies.”
Fellow student Jusuf Al Dijely (achieving six grade 9s, two A*s and three grade 8s) said: “I’m really happy with my results, all the hard work paid off. I’d really like to thank all the teachers at Preston Manor for helping me get through this.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Beth Kobel said “I am so proud of our young people. They work incredibly hard, have had real challenges thrown at them and they achieve so much beyond the scope of testing. However, today is about celebrating their exam results and I am really pleased for them. We have had absolutely excellent results this year.
“I would like to congratulate all of our students on their hard work, as well as say ‘thank you’ to their parents and the staff who have supported them throughout their education at Preston Manor.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
Another student, Sophie Hachem (10 grade 9-6’s including two 9s, six 8s, and one 7), spoke excitedly about her future, “I’m really happy with my results because I can now go on to take A-levels in chemistry, physics and maths at Preston Manor 6th form.”
Ropa Sitole (10 grade 9-6’s including three 9s, one 8, two 7s and an A*) said: “I’m over the moon, I didn’t expect the results to be this good, especially the 9s in geography, English language and literature. My advice to Year 10 would be to carry on pushing for the end goal and don’t give up.”
Nazim Mohamed who achieved all grade 7s and above was beaming: “I worked really hard and am especially proud of the 9s I achieved in maths and biology. I can now stay at Preston Manor and study, maths, chemistry and biology at A-level in order to go on to medicine in the future.”