Pregnant mother fell to her death in Queen’s Park after texting friend about ‘drunk, aggressive boyfriend’, inquest hears

Georgina Drinkwater died in February 2014 (pic credit: Facebook)

Georgina Drinkwater died in February 2014 (pic credit: Facebook) - Credit: Archant

A pregnant mother texted a friend saying her partner was ‘on his drunk aggressive thing again’ three minutes before she fell to her death in Queen’s Park, an inquest heard.

Georgina Drinkwater fell from Orpheus House (Pic: Google)

Georgina Drinkwater fell from Orpheus House (Pic: Google) - Credit: Archant

Georgina Drinkwater, 30, who was five months pregnant with her third child, plummeted from the balcony of her third floor flat in Orpheus House to the pavement nearly 33ft below in Harrow Road.

Westminster Coroner’s Court heard she had text her friend making the claims about Robert Weldon, 26, on February 23, 2014.

He was arrested at the scene after he was heard screaming ‘somebody help me, somebody help me’.

He has not been charged in connection with Ms Drinkwater’s death.

The couple were involved in a ‘turbulent relationship’ and Assistant Coroner Russell Caller reminded those at the inquest that the objective was not to determine blame.

DCI Andrew Chalmers, who investigated the death, went through CCTV footage showing the couple’s journey from the Mason’s Arms pub in Kensal Green to Ms Drinkwater’s flat.

Most Read

He told the inquest: “He appears to be drunk and it appears that Georgina Drinkwater is nudging him away because he is resting his hand on her.

“She appears to be frustrated with his behaviour.”

They enter Orpheus House at 2.18am but the court heard that the quality of footage of the third floor is hampered by the street lights.

There was also a suggestion that the footage showed some movement in the area of the balcony before the fall.

DCI Chalmers said: “At 2.49am Ms Drinkwater sent a text to Claire Wilson.

“This text said: ‘Claire, call as soon as possible. He’s on his drunk aggressive thing.’’

DCI Chalmers said the Crown Posecution Service had ruled there was ‘insufficient evidence’ to charge Mr Weldon in connection with his partner’s death.

The inquest continues.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter