Power to the people!
Indie band, Cast, put differenes aside to take Shepherd’s Bush Empire by storm
REFRESHED from his solo warm-up gig at Kilburn’s condemned Luminaire singer-songwriter John Power reunited with former Cast band members to play their first gig in seven years at the Shepherds Bush Empire.
A packed house exploded as the indie band took to the stage as half-full cups of beer flew across the muppets-style auditorium and onto the stage in some strange show of respect.
The moshing began during the in a small section of the 30-something crowd and spread with every track as they were taken back to their blissful student years in a nostalgic mist.
Despite their extended split the boys gelled and espoused the same innocent passion of 15-years-ago as they traversed the hits from their double platinum selling album All Change.
You may also want to watch:
The fabulous Empire only added to the intimacy of this reunion with the three-tiered balconies erupting at the first note of classics Alright, Finetime and the rest.
As former Las bass player Power swapped his electric guitar for an acoustic he slipped into the hand-swaying anthem Walkaway which seemed to touch John as much as the crowd applauding each other at the end.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Stepping it up again the moshing followed more ferociously than before with bemused crowd surfers being passed to security at the front of house and carted off for an early shower.