Postponed: 100m Slide the City due to come to Wembley Park next week
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular 100metre slide will not be coming to Wembley Park next week as planned.
Organisers of Slide The City have postponed its plans to bring its massive water slip n’ slide to Exhibition Way on August 22.
In a statement issued on their website they said the date had to be rescheduled to ‘unforeseen circumstances’ adding that there were ‘a lot of factors that come into play for an event of this nature.’
The Times has been running a competition to give away three pairs for the slides.
Instead we are now offering three pairs of tickets to watch a film of your choice at the nine-screen Cineworld in the London Designer Outlet, which is also in Wembley.
All the entrants for Slide The City will be automatically entered
For your chance to win a pair of tickets just answer this simple question:
What London venue has hosted two Olympic Games in 1948 and 2012?
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 6 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 7 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 8 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
a. Wembley Stadium or
b. Queen Elizabeth Park Stadium?
Send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on August 14 with your address and a contact telephone number.