Post election blues gig with Kensal Green’s Laura Matthews & The Flakes
- Credit: Archant
A tennis club in Kensal Green is taking on the mantle of a music venue for a blues night to celebrate or commiserate the general election result.
Lightening the Night is taking place at the Elmwood Tennis Club in Holland Road on June 9, hours after the votes will have been counted and a leader sworn in.
There is plenty of country blues to tap your feet to, a bbq to sink your teeth into and a bar with soft and alcoholic drinks on sale.
The free event features live music from the evening’s hosts Laura Matthews & The Flakes, musicians from Kensal Green who will play songs from their debut album Not Again, and add some loved Americana, folk and pop classics.
The doors and bar opens at 7.30pm with the music beginning at around 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
The event is free, children are welcome and donations are gratefully accepted.
Albums will be available for purchase.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer