Police swoop on 20 addresses across Brent
Fifteen people were arrested for drug offences during raids across Brent while officers target cars with high-tec scanners
POLICE arrested 15 people during a series of raids as they targeted known criminals in the run-up to Christmas.
Brent Police organised a day of action raiding 20 addresses in Harlesden, Wembley and Harrow, while Safer Neighbourhood teams used the latest technology to identify cars and drivers associated with crime.
Thousands of pounds worth of cocaine and cannabis were seized during the raids along with �8,000 in cash.
Meanwhile �7,000 fines were handed out by officers who stopped around 50 cars for traffic offences.
You may also want to watch:
Acting Superintendent Mike Hill, who led the operation, said: “These operations are a culmination of months of listening to, and acting on concerns of the local community, and proactive policing which was led to gaining information on individuals that have been arrested today.”
This is the fourth ‘action day’ in as many months with more to follow.
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 9 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
- 10 Special needs school's bus cut due to petrol crisis