Police swoop on 20 addresses across Brent
Fifteen people were arrested for drug offences during raids across Brent while officers target cars with high-tec scanners
POLICE arrested 15 people during a series of raids as they targeted known criminals in the run-up to Christmas.
Brent Police organised a day of action raiding 20 addresses in Harlesden, Wembley and Harrow, while Safer Neighbourhood teams used the latest technology to identify cars and drivers associated with crime.
Thousands of pounds worth of cocaine and cannabis were seized during the raids along with �8,000 in cash.
Meanwhile �7,000 fines were handed out by officers who stopped around 50 cars for traffic offences.
You may also want to watch:
Acting Superintendent Mike Hill, who led the operation, said: “These operations are a culmination of months of listening to, and acting on concerns of the local community, and proactive policing which was led to gaining information on individuals that have been arrested today.”
This is the fourth ‘action day’ in as many months with more to follow.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears