Police shut suspected drugs den in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drugs den in a block of flats in Kilburn has been closed down by the police.
Officers from Brondesbury Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team closed the flat in Landau House, Chatsworth Road, following a catalogue of complaints from neighbours and residents nearby.
In the last three months Brent Housing Partnership, the organisation that manages the block, and emergency services have receive reports of fights, fires, anti social behaviour and drugs in the property.
Drug paraphernalia was found in the flat by officers after they obtained a closure order from the courts.
Sergeant Rob Gibbs of the Brondesbury Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team said “Local residents and community members have come forward and told us about the impact the residents of this flat have had on their lives.
You may also want to watch:
“This has restored the quality of life that the residents expect whilst we continue to work with Brent Housing Partnership during their current court proceedings to obtain a full possession order “.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods