Police shut suspected drugs den in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drugs den in a block of flats in Kilburn has been closed down by the police.
Officers from Brondesbury Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team closed the flat in Landau House, Chatsworth Road, following a catalogue of complaints from neighbours and residents nearby.
In the last three months Brent Housing Partnership, the organisation that manages the block, and emergency services have receive reports of fights, fires, anti social behaviour and drugs in the property.
Drug paraphernalia was found in the flat by officers after they obtained a closure order from the courts.
Sergeant Rob Gibbs of the Brondesbury Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team said “Local residents and community members have come forward and told us about the impact the residents of this flat have had on their lives.
You may also want to watch:
“This has restored the quality of life that the residents expect whilst we continue to work with Brent Housing Partnership during their current court proceedings to obtain a full possession order “.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer