Police helicopter spots marriage proposal in Dollis Hill park
- Credit: Archant
A romantic walk in the park took on a new meaning after a man made a marriage proposal by using lit candles in a park in Dollis Hill.
His glowing ‘Will you marry me’ message was seen from the sky by a police helicopter crew flying through Gladstone Park on Saturday evening.
A tweet sent from the crew’s Twitter account @MPSinthesky said: “We think we have just seen the most romantic guy in north london. More later ! #willyoumarryme?”
The image was shared to the account’s 96,000 followers and the officers later appealed to find the couple.
The happy couple came forward, though wishing to remain anonymous, confirming that they are now engaged to be married.
@MPSinthesky later tweeted: “Thanks to one of our followers we have found the mystery proposal couple! They wish to remain anonymous, however... she did say yes!!”
Are you the happy couple?
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
Contact Times reporter Myron Jobson on 0207 433 0134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.