Police helicopter spots marriage proposal in Dollis Hill park
- Credit: Archant
A romantic walk in the park took on a new meaning after a man made a marriage proposal by using lit candles in a park in Dollis Hill.
His glowing ‘Will you marry me’ message was seen from the sky by a police helicopter crew flying through Gladstone Park on Saturday evening.
A tweet sent from the crew’s Twitter account @MPSinthesky said: “We think we have just seen the most romantic guy in north london. More later ! #willyoumarryme?”
The image was shared to the account’s 96,000 followers and the officers later appealed to find the couple.
The happy couple came forward, though wishing to remain anonymous, confirming that they are now engaged to be married.
@MPSinthesky later tweeted: “Thanks to one of our followers we have found the mystery proposal couple! They wish to remain anonymous, however... she did say yes!!”
Are you the happy couple?
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 3 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 4 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 5 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat
- 8 Four LTN schemes could be scrapped in Brent
- 9 We deserved win over West Brom says QPR boss Warburton
- 10 Guilty: North London criminals jailed in December 2021
Contact Times reporter Myron Jobson on 0207 433 0134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.