Police helicopter circles Brent in hunt for missing woman
- Credit: Archant
Detectives enlisted the help of helicopter colleagues this afternoon to help find a woman missing from Stonebridge.
Mary Higgins was last seen by her son at home in Wyborne Way at around 8pm on Tuesday and her family are growing increasingly concerned for her welfare.
Police are appealing to members of the public who may have seen Ms Higgins.
The 54-year-old is described as white, around 5ft 5ins tall, of medium build with hazel-coloured eyes and shoulder-length brown hair. She speaks with an Irish accent.
She is believed to be wearing a dark hooded top, tracksuit trousers and a dark coloured jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this afternoon The National Police Air Service (NPAS) flew a helicopter over rooftops in Brent to help colleagues locate her.
DI Lee Dawson , of Kilburn Police, said: “Mary’s disappearance is unusual, and her family are becoming more worried with each passing day. If you have seen Mary or know where she is, we would urge you to contact police immediately.”
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 6 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 7 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Anyone who has seen Mary is asked to contact police via 101.