Police helicopter circles Brent in hunt for missing woman
- Credit: Archant
Detectives enlisted the help of helicopter colleagues this afternoon to help find a woman missing from Stonebridge.
Mary Higgins was last seen by her son at home in Wyborne Way at around 8pm on Tuesday and her family are growing increasingly concerned for her welfare.
Police are appealing to members of the public who may have seen Ms Higgins.
The 54-year-old is described as white, around 5ft 5ins tall, of medium build with hazel-coloured eyes and shoulder-length brown hair. She speaks with an Irish accent.
She is believed to be wearing a dark hooded top, tracksuit trousers and a dark coloured jacket.
Earlier this afternoon The National Police Air Service (NPAS) flew a helicopter over rooftops in Brent to help colleagues locate her.
DI Lee Dawson , of Kilburn Police, said: “Mary’s disappearance is unusual, and her family are becoming more worried with each passing day. If you have seen Mary or know where she is, we would urge you to contact police immediately.”
- 1 QPR boss Beale disappointed to bow out of Carabao Cup
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 3 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 4 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 5 QPR bow out of EFL Cup after penalty shoot-out at Charlton
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 10 Sven Badzak: Stabbing victim's family ‘outraged’ as trial delayed
Anyone who has seen Mary is asked to contact police via 101.