“Points will be a bonus,” admits QPR boss ahead of Chelsea clash
Warnock expecting a tough afternoon against the Blues on Sunday
Neil Warnock says QPR must hope Chelsea have an ‘off-day’ on Sunday – and insists a positive result against their fierce west-London rivals will merely be a bonus.
Chelsea are in imperious form ahead of their short trip from Stamford Bridge to Loftus Road, having taken six wins from seven Premier League matches, while they hammered Genk 5-0 in the Champions League on Wednesday night.
Warnock admits he fears a difficult afternoon in QPR’s league clash with Chelsea since 1996, and says the Blues can do his side ‘serious damage’.
“You know what you’re going to get with them, you’ve just got to hope they have an off-day,” said Warnock. “They’re such a good team, it’s very difficult.
You may also want to watch:
“I think we’ve just got to try and get the atmosphere, enjoy it, and give them a good game if we can. Against the top teams, points are bonuses really.
“I do feel the lads are really looking forward to it. On the training ground there’s that little buzz because it’s Chelsea, the first local derby we’ve had for many years.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
“If Fulham can score six, I think any team can do serious damage to us. No dis-respect to Fulham, but if we’d been playing one of the other teams that day goodness knows what the score would have been.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes