PM’s message on violent crime
THE Prime minister sent a special message of support to Times readers and pledged to fight violent crime in the borough. Gordon Brown MP commended all those who took part in the Not Another Drop Peace March and lent his support to the event. The Prime M
THE Prime minister sent a special message of support to Times readers and pledged to fight violent crime in the borough.
Gordon Brown MP commended all those who took part in the Not Another Drop Peace March and lent his support to the event.
The Prime Minister said: "I would like to add my support to those who took part in the sixth Not Another Drop Peace March in Brent last Saturday.
"It's great to see communities working together in this way and helping to get the message across that carrying a gun or a knife is completely unacceptable.
"Over recent years, I have met with many families of victims of knife and gun crime and have heard at first hand the heartbreaking stories from loved ones and the devastating impact this has on communities. Every death is one too many.
"Violent crimes have fallen considerably in the last 10 years and we are absolutely determined to do all we can to tackle guns, gangs and knives through responsive policing, tough powers and funding for prevention projects."
- 1 A Level results 2022: Brent schools as they come in
- 2 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 3 ‘A Windrush Lioness’: Tributes paid to Harlesden resident Lera Clarke
- 4 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 5 Brent Liberal Democrats call for faster monkeypox vaccine roll-out
- 6 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 7 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 8 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 9 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 10 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
The Not Another Drop Peace March began at Roundwood Park in Roundwood Road, Harlesden, at 12pm and finished in Wembley Way.
For information visit www.notanotherdrop.com