Play scheme creates more fun for Kilburn youngsters
- Credit: Archant
The summer holidays have just become more exciting and fun for children in Kilburn thanks to the opening of a revamped community centre.
Kingsgate Community Centre in Kingsgate Road has taken over the running of Kilburn Grange Adventure Play Hut which is offering a host of fun activities and events for youngsters.
The scheme has come to fruition through a start-up grant of £50,000 from Camden Council.
Cllr Tulip Siddiq, Camden Council’s cabinet member for communities and Labour Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, attended its official opening.
She said: “I had a lovely time at the opening day of the Play Hut, and from speaking to the children I know they had as much fun as I did.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a brilliant community initiative and I’m really pleased that we have been able to help support the Kingsgate Community Centre.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 7 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent