Play scheme creates more fun for Kilburn youngsters
- Credit: Archant
The summer holidays have just become more exciting and fun for children in Kilburn thanks to the opening of a revamped community centre.
Kingsgate Community Centre in Kingsgate Road has taken over the running of Kilburn Grange Adventure Play Hut which is offering a host of fun activities and events for youngsters.
The scheme has come to fruition through a start-up grant of £50,000 from Camden Council.
Cllr Tulip Siddiq, Camden Council’s cabinet member for communities and Labour Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, attended its official opening.
She said: “I had a lovely time at the opening day of the Play Hut, and from speaking to the children I know they had as much fun as I did.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a brilliant community initiative and I’m really pleased that we have been able to help support the Kingsgate Community Centre.”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing