Plaque will mark QPR formation
It will commemorate the club’s old headquarters in Queen’s Park
A plaque is to be put up in Queen’s Park to mark the formation of QPR football club in 1886.
The club was born out of a merger between two youth teams, Christ Church Rangers and St Jude’s Institute, and the plaque will go up at the club’s old headquarters at St. Jude’s Hall in Ilbert Street.
During the 1890s there had been growing calls for the club to turn professional to improve its standing among other London teams.
In December 1898, club members gathered at St Jude’s Hall and voted to turn professional, a move that led QPR to join the Southern League for the start for the 1899/ 00 season.
A plaque, sponsored by QPR in the Community Trust, is due to be put up at the hall in July.