Decision to demolish Wembley Stadium pedway to be heard by Brent planning committee
- Credit: Archant
The controversial decision over whether to demolish the Wembley Stadium pedway ramp will be heard next week.
Brent’s planning committee is meeting on Wednesday at 6pm to agree or disagree to replace the pedway with steps.
The decision to hand over £17.8m of public money to Quintain to spruce up Wembley Park was “reviewed” and agreed in under five minutes in May following huge opposition by local groups.
Quintain first lodged its application to build new steps to replace the ramp structure in 2007, saying it would be “one of the largest pieces of privately funded public space in the UK”.
A planning application to convert the Windmill pub in Cricklewood Broadway to nine flats on upper floors will be decided at the same meeting at Brent Civic Centre, in Engineers way.
You may also want to watch:
This has also received public opposition regarding the loss of the existing hotel.
Planning officers have recommended both applications be granted consent.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 Teenager who murdered beloved sisters in Kingsbury park jailed for life
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 Halloween: Squid Game in Wembley Park (minus bloodshed)
- 5 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 6 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 7 Covid: Northwick Park Hospital in need of booster vaccine volunteers
- 8 Mother of murdered sisters pledges jailed teenage killer 'will not be let out'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million