Planning application lodged for final phase of Wembley Central development
Multi-million makeover of high street will see a new hotel, shops and apartments
Developers of a multi-million redevelopment of a town centre are seeking planning permission for its final phase.
The �90m transformation of Wembley Central will be guaranteed if the proposals by St. Modwen’s are given the green light by planning chiefs.
Private apartments and new retail shops including a flagship TKMaxx have already opened in the heart of the development with the final phase including a Travelodge, 29,000 sq ft of additional retail space and homes.
If planning consent is granted, the completed development will provide 155,000 sq ft of retail and leisure space.
You may also want to watch:
The final phase should be finished by 2013 if it receives planning approval.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire