Amazing pictures as crowds return to Wembley for England win over Denmark
- Credit: PA
An estimated 65,000 fans descended on Wembley to watch England beat Denmark many leaving ecstatic after the game.
England beat Denmark 2-0 in the nerve-wracking EUFA Euro 2020 semi final on Wednesday (July 7).
Victorious England will now play Italy in Sunday's final – the first time in 55 years the Three Lions have reached this level in an international game.
The semi-final match saw Denmark take an early lead with a goal scoring free kick before Raheem Sterling's tactical playing forced an own goal to bring the score level.
Captain Harry Kane's penalty was saved in extra time but he scored from the rebound to secure the win .
You may also want to watch:
Wembley went wild with deafening noise and crazy celebrations.
Here are some pictures that capture those fans:
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 6 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 7 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Letter on Kilburn Square