Picture gallery: Diwali celebrations across Brent
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of residents took part in Diwali celebrations at locations across the borough.
BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir (Neasden temple) in Brentfield Road, Neasden, had a VIP visitor after the Prime Minister David Cameron joined worshippers to mark the Hindu New Year on Monday.
Premvati Patel, a volunteer at Neasden temple, said: “Diwali is a time to reinforce one’s love for God and celebrate the values of charity, goodwill and family, and thus dispel inner darkness with the light of God’s presence.”
In Dollis Hill, 150 members at the Senior Citizen Club of the Brent Charity Maharashtra Mandal London gathered to enjoy the ‘Festival of Light’.
While visitors at Brent X Shopping Centre were treated to live music and performances on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
To see more images click the photo gallery.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report