Peterborough United 2 Queens Park Rangers 4: Jamie Mackie helps fire QPR past Posh
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Friendly: Peterborough United 2 Queens Park Rangers 4
Queens Park Rangers saw four different scorers net in their 4-2 friendly win at League One outfit Peterborough United.
The match was played over four 30-minute periods, allowing Rs boss Ian Holloway to give game time to 23 players.
Jamie Mackie opened the scoring in the 22nd minute, diverting a Yeni Ngbakoto header into the net with his chest following a Conor Washington cross.
With the west Londoners’ team changed entirely after the hour mark, Posh took advantage with Junior Morais netting a brace to give the hosts the lead.
You may also want to watch:
However, a quick-fire double from QPR was able to turn the tide back in the Loftus Road outfit’s favour.
First, Jack Robinson fizzed a low shot into the net from just inside the area, before Ebere Eze turned in a pull-back from Pawel Wszolek.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
There was time four a fourth Rs goal, when Charlie Owens found the target to wrap up a fine win for Holloway’s men.
Next up for QPR is a trip to Germany, as they face Union Berlin and Lokomotive Leipzig over the course of next weekend.
QPR (first half, 4-2-3-1): Smithies; Perch, Onuoha, Lynch, Bidwell; Scowen, Manning; Mackie, Ngbakoto, Washington (Wszolek 50); Smith.
QPR (second half, 4-3-3): Ingram; Furlong, Phillips, Hamalainen, Robinson; Wszolek, Owens, Borysiuk; Grego-Cox, Eze (Chair 96), Sylla.