Person dies after being hit by a train at Preston Road tube station
- Credit: Archant
A person has died after being struck by a train at Preston Road station.
Police and paramedics were called to the underground station at 11.10am.
Sadly the person was pronounced dead at the scene, British Transport Police (BTP) said.
Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
The incident is not currently being treated as suspicious.
BTP officers will be preparing a coroners’ report.
The Metropolitan line was suspended and has now resumed but is currently operating with severe delays.
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
Tickets are being accepted on local buses.