People’s Postcode Lottery donates £5k to the Mayhew Animal Home
- Credit: Archant
An animal home in Kensal Green has received a £5,000 donation from players of a charity lottery.
People’s Postcode Trust awarded the cash boost to he Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens.
The money will help students undertaking a work-based diploma in animal care and customer service.
Sophia Casciato, the Mayhew’s trusts officer, said: “We are really grateful to players of People’s Postcode Lottery for this amazing grant. These vital funds will really help our students with their training programme at The Mayhew.”
The People’s Postcode Trust is a grant-giving charity funded entirely by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
You may also want to watch:
So far it has awarded the Mayhew with £15,000 worth of grants.
Calum Munro, trust assistant at People’s Postcode Lottery, added: “Players love supporting charities such as The Mayhew and the work they do to save animals. We are glad the funding is being put to good use.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 3 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 4 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 5 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 8 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting