Pedestrian fighting for his life following collision with car outside Central Middlesex Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian is fighting for his life following a collision with a car on Saturday outside a hospital in Park Royal.
The man in his 20s was struck by VW Polo near Central Middlesex Hospital in Acton Lane, at around 6.24am.
He was rushed to another hospital where he is currently in critical condition.
A number of friends who was with him at the time of the incident fled the scene before police arrived.
The driver stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officers are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
CMH’s casualty department was closed in September last year as part of the controversial Shaping a Healthier Future (SAHF) plans which also saw the closure of A&E units at Hammersmith and Charing Cross Hospitals
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
Witnesses should call officers on 020 8991 9555.