Paulo tells players to put it behind them
By Ben Kosky PAULO Sousa has ordered his players to put Saturday s setback behind them as they attempt to revive their promotion push this week. QPR s 3-1 defeat by Ipswich was their first loss at Loftus Road since Sousa took charge three months ago – and
By Ben Kosky
PAULO Sousa has ordered his players to put Saturday's setback behind them as they attempt to revive their promotion push this week.
QPR's 3-1 defeat by Ipswich was their first loss at Loftus Road since Sousa took charge three months ago - and only their fourth overall in that time.
"The manager's told us not to dwell on it because, if we do that, we're going to achieve nothing this year," Rangers winger Lee Cook told the Times.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone expected us to beat Ipswich and we were confident as well, but we've had an off day. A goal went in early and maybe we thought it was going to be a walk in the park.
"They were there for the taking and we let ourselves down. I think we were too deep and didn't squeeze enough, so their midfielders were getting too much time on the ball.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
"But we've got to put that behind us, wipe it out and concentrate on the next two away games.
"Our away form's been good of late - we won at Blackpool and Derby and should have won at Forest. Hopefully we can get a couple of results to put us back on track."
Rangers travel to face play-off rivals Cardiff City tonight and are on the road again this weekend at struggling Barnsley - where they have failed to win in seven visits.