Paulo tells players to put it behind them
By Ben Kosky PAULO Sousa has ordered his players to put Saturday s setback behind them as they attempt to revive their promotion push this week. QPR s 3-1 defeat by Ipswich was their first loss at Loftus Road since Sousa took charge three months ago – and
By Ben Kosky
PAULO Sousa has ordered his players to put Saturday's setback behind them as they attempt to revive their promotion push this week.
QPR's 3-1 defeat by Ipswich was their first loss at Loftus Road since Sousa took charge three months ago - and only their fourth overall in that time.
"The manager's told us not to dwell on it because, if we do that, we're going to achieve nothing this year," Rangers winger Lee Cook told the Times.
"Everyone expected us to beat Ipswich and we were confident as well, but we've had an off day. A goal went in early and maybe we thought it was going to be a walk in the park.
"They were there for the taking and we let ourselves down. I think we were too deep and didn't squeeze enough, so their midfielders were getting too much time on the ball.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 7 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 8 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
"But we've got to put that behind us, wipe it out and concentrate on the next two away games.
"Our away form's been good of late - we won at Blackpool and Derby and should have won at Forest. Hopefully we can get a couple of results to put us back on track."
Rangers travel to face play-off rivals Cardiff City tonight and are on the road again this weekend at struggling Barnsley - where they have failed to win in seven visits.