Parking ticket for driver in Harlesden who covered his registration plates with TAPE
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky driver’s bid to avoid getting a parking ticket in Harlesden by covering his registration plates with tape has failed.
Less than 24 hours after he carried out his audacious act on Harlesden Gardens, a traffic warden slapped a fine on the windscreen of his Smart car.
Yesterday a bemused resident, who witnessed the driver concealing his plates, uploaded the images showing his deed on to social networking site Facebook.
The pictures created a hilarious thread where users speculated on why he decided to conceal his plates.
Several said they thought he hoped to avoid being issued with a parking ticket and one even joked he could be trying to hide adulterous behaviour from a partner.
You may also want to watch:
It is illegal to deliberately conceal a registration plate and a spokesman for Brent Council said they would have expected the police to have been notified of his actions by a traffic warden.
The latest picture of the car, with the parking ticket on its windscreen, appears to show the driver has now conceded defeat and taken the tapes off his vehicle.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 9 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury