Parking ticket for driver in Harlesden who covered his registration plates with TAPE
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky driver’s bid to avoid getting a parking ticket in Harlesden by covering his registration plates with tape has failed.
Less than 24 hours after he carried out his audacious act on Harlesden Gardens, a traffic warden slapped a fine on the windscreen of his Smart car.
Yesterday a bemused resident, who witnessed the driver concealing his plates, uploaded the images showing his deed on to social networking site Facebook.
The pictures created a hilarious thread where users speculated on why he decided to conceal his plates.
Several said they thought he hoped to avoid being issued with a parking ticket and one even joked he could be trying to hide adulterous behaviour from a partner.
You may also want to watch:
It is illegal to deliberately conceal a registration plate and a spokesman for Brent Council said they would have expected the police to have been notified of his actions by a traffic warden.
The latest picture of the car, with the parking ticket on its windscreen, appears to show the driver has now conceded defeat and taken the tapes off his vehicle.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'There's more to a club like Wealdstone than what happens on the pitch'