Palace defender set for QPR switch
By Dave McIntyre QPR are close to agreeing the signing of Crystal Palace defender Clint Hill on a Bosman free transfer. The 31-year-old Liverpudlian had been expected to return north when his Palace contract ends this summer, and a number of clubs have sh
By Dave McIntyre
QPR are close to agreeing the signing of Crystal Palace defender Clint Hill on a Bosman free transfer.
The 31-year-old Liverpudlian had been expected to return north when his Palace contract ends this summer, and a number of clubs have shown an interest, but Rangers now look likely to secure his signature.
Hill, who is primarily a central defender but can also play at left-back, started his career with Tranmere and had a spell at Oldham before signing for Stoke in 2003.
You may also want to watch:
He spent five years with the Potters before joining Palace, where he played under Neil Warnock.
A number of Hill's Selhurst Park team-mates have been tipped to join Warnock at Loftus Road. Midfielder Neil Danns and goalkeeper Julian Speroni are among his top summer targets.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election
But Warnock has so far shown no firm interest in signing highly-rated right-back Nathaniel Clyne, who has also been linked with a move to west London.