Outstanding Ofsted report for Wembley primary school
St Joseph’s RC School gets the thumbs up from education watchdog
A Wembley school is celebrating after they were lauded as ‘outstanding’ following an extensive report from an education body.
The Ofsted report, published earlier this month praised St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Junior School in Chatsworth Avenue and means it has now improved on its previous rating of ‘good’.
In the report, the school was praised for its work across the board, including high levels of care and support, excellent teaching and a stimulating curriculum.
The school’s federation partner, St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Infant School in neighbouring Waverley Avenue was judged outstanding in 2009 and Pam Gibney, the executive head at both schools both schools had learned from each other to achieve the status.
She said: “We are all delighted with this report and it is brilliant news that both schools in the federation are now outstanding.
“The improvement at St Joseph’s Infant has had a positive impact on standards at St Joseph’s Junior and we have been able to share expertise.”
- 1 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 2 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 3 Police officers who shared photos of murdered sisters to be sentenced early next month
- 4 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Omicron: Mosque reopens as vaccine centre to meet demand
- 7 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 8 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 9 Wembley Stadium hosts careers expo to help Brent young people into City jobs
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
“The senior leadership team and governing body have worked very hard to achieve this and it is great news for parents and pupils.”
Cllr Mary Arnold, Brent Council’s lead member for children and families, offered her congratulations to everyone at the school.
She said: “The council works closely with schools to raise standards to help give local children the best start in life.
“To hear that another Brent school has been rated as outstanding is fantastic news.”