Organisers reveal their plans for this year’s Kilburn Festival
Event’s theme is The Five Continents in Kilburn – reflecting the Olympic rings in London 2012
The hotly anticipated plans for this year’s Kilburn Festival have been revealed.
Taking place from June 28 to July 8 and culminating in a free event in Kilburn Grange Park on Sunday July 8, the Kilburn Festival and Kilburn Film Festival is a 12 day fiesta of live music, dance, film and children’s art and play.
This year’s theme is The Five Continents in Kilburn – reflecting the Olympic rings in London 2012.
New activities will include a mini-Olympics procession and an Olympic art games organised by Kingsgate Workshops Trust on Friday, June 29.
Children’s Fairground Rides from George Irvin Funfairs, drama workshops with Brent-based company Scruffbag Productions and an acoustic stage with live performers, musicians and comedians are also on the bill.
Well-loved favourites of the festival such as the popular dance floor, the pirate ship, Kilburn beach and older people’s tea party will also make a welcomed return.
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 3 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 4 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 5 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 8 Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat
- 9 London to Hong Kong to Selfridges: Couple’s snack brand journey
- 10 Guilty: North London criminals jailed in December 2021
Janet Grauberg, chairman of Trustees of The Kilburn Festival Charity, said: “It’s great we are able to do some new creative things at the Kilburn Festival this year, as well as bringing back some favourite activities.
“We’ve had great support from local organizations such as Kingsgate Workshops Trust and South Kilburn Studios, and valuable sponsorship from local businesses like Hunters Estate Agents in West End Lane, Roger La Borde design and Apollo construction, and that has really made a difference to what we can put on.
“It means a really great programme of free music and film – leading up to a great free day in Kilburn Grange Park on Sunday, July 8.”
To find out more about visit http://www.kilburnfestival.co.uk/