Organisers reveal their plans for this year’s Kilburn Festival
Event’s theme is The Five Continents in Kilburn – reflecting the Olympic rings in London 2012
The hotly anticipated plans for this year’s Kilburn Festival have been revealed.
Taking place from June 28 to July 8 and culminating in a free event in Kilburn Grange Park on Sunday July 8, the Kilburn Festival and Kilburn Film Festival is a 12 day fiesta of live music, dance, film and children’s art and play.
This year’s theme is The Five Continents in Kilburn – reflecting the Olympic rings in London 2012.
New activities will include a mini-Olympics procession and an Olympic art games organised by Kingsgate Workshops Trust on Friday, June 29.
You may also want to watch:
Children’s Fairground Rides from George Irvin Funfairs, drama workshops with Brent-based company Scruffbag Productions and an acoustic stage with live performers, musicians and comedians are also on the bill.
Well-loved favourites of the festival such as the popular dance floor, the pirate ship, Kilburn beach and older people’s tea party will also make a welcomed return.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 5 Neasden businessman left in lurch by HSBC loan programme
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'savoured' his side's penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 7 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
Janet Grauberg, chairman of Trustees of The Kilburn Festival Charity, said: “It’s great we are able to do some new creative things at the Kilburn Festival this year, as well as bringing back some favourite activities.
“We’ve had great support from local organizations such as Kingsgate Workshops Trust and South Kilburn Studios, and valuable sponsorship from local businesses like Hunters Estate Agents in West End Lane, Roger La Borde design and Apollo construction, and that has really made a difference to what we can put on.
“It means a really great programme of free music and film – leading up to a great free day in Kilburn Grange Park on Sunday, July 8.”
To find out more about visit http://www.kilburnfestival.co.uk/