Operation Big Wing: Large knife found hidden in park in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Police have found a large knife hidden in bushes after carrying out a weapons sweep in a park in Wembley as part of a London-wide day of action.
The discovery today in King Edwards Park in Park Lane, was made in the latest round of Operation Big Wing which is targeting knife crime, robbery, burglary, theft and gangs.
More than 5,800 officers from across all 32 boroughs in the city are carrying out a range of activities to stamp out knife crime in London.
Commander Stephen Watson, who is leading today’s operation, said: “Knife crime cuts across several crime types such as robbery, burglary and gang crime.
“Work continues day in and day out alongside our partners to target those responsible but highly visible operations such as Operation Big Wing play a major part in the fight against all crime across London.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers have made 140 arrests today so far including a schoolboy of 15 who was found hiding a knife in his underpants in Islington.
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker