Operation Big Wing: Large knife found hidden in park in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Police have found a large knife hidden in bushes after carrying out a weapons sweep in a park in Wembley as part of a London-wide day of action.
The discovery today in King Edwards Park in Park Lane, was made in the latest round of Operation Big Wing which is targeting knife crime, robbery, burglary, theft and gangs.
More than 5,800 officers from across all 32 boroughs in the city are carrying out a range of activities to stamp out knife crime in London.
Commander Stephen Watson, who is leading today’s operation, said: “Knife crime cuts across several crime types such as robbery, burglary and gang crime.
“Work continues day in and day out alongside our partners to target those responsible but highly visible operations such as Operation Big Wing play a major part in the fight against all crime across London.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers have made 140 arrests today so far including a schoolboy of 15 who was found hiding a knife in his underpants in Islington.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley