One person dead after large tree branch falls on bus stop in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died and an elderly man is seriously injured after a large tree branch crashed onto them at a bus stop in Willesden this afternoon.
Police and paramedics were called to Donnington Road, at around 4pm, where the middle-age woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man in his 70s was rushed to a west London hospital by air ambulance in a serious condition.
Judy and Sid Kerr, a married couple whose flat in Harlesden Road overlooks the scene, said they went outside to investigate after hearing noises.
Mrs Kerr said: “We heard a horrendous noise so we flew out onto the balcony and saw the lady there under the tree. It was horrible. Children were screaming.”
You may also want to watch:
Another resident, Joao Corona, was also alerted to the incident by a loud noise.
He said: “I heard a big thud outside my house.
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker
“I ignored it but soon sirens grabbed my curiosity to go outside and look. I could see the big branch that fell right next to the number six bus stop.
“By the time I got outside police, ambulance and firefighters were on the scene already and they had the roads on lockdown, stopping all buses and making people go around.
“I asked the people around and some said a person had been killed. This is so very sad.”