One of the dirtiest supermarkets in the country is in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
It might be called ‘Fine Foods’ but according to health inspectors this store in Harlesden is one of the dirtiest in the country.
The minimart in Park Parade features on a shame list of 14 premises given a zero rating my health inspectors.
The ratings which are handed out by the Food Standards Agency means ‘urgent improvement is necessary’ with the worst stores being closed on the spot until they clean up their act.
Fine Foods was inspected on March 3.
Stores given a zero-rating are more likely to have had a troubled past involving infestations, a lack of safety measures or unhygienic conditions.
The revelation is a second blow to the cleanliness of Brent after it as named as the 10th borough in the country with the dirtiest restaurants.
Shahid Akram, manager of Fine Foods, said: “It really hurts to say the shop is dirty. There was some mouse activity at the back of the shop but that was in March and we sorted it out.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 4 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 5 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 6 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 7 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 8 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
We were new here, we came in January, and the shop was full of stock left over from the previous owners. After the inspector came we did everything, we cleaned the shop. After that no-one came to check it so we don’t understand why this report comes out now.
He added: “We have got a health and safety certificate. The word dirty is not fair.
“I’m not saying it’s the perfect example but no-one can say this shop is the dirtiest place.”
Visit ratings.food.gov.uk to find a supermarket or restaurant rating.