Olympic sex trade fear
by Andy McCorkell Prostitites and pimps will flood the borough to cash in on the crowds attending the Olympics, a report has revealed. Brent has been identified as having the second largest number of adverts for brothels in London in a re
by Andy McCorkell
Prostitites and pimps will flood the borough to cash in on the crowds attending the Olympics, a report has revealed.
Brent has been identified as having the second largest number of adverts for brothels in London in a recent 'Big Brothel' report by campaigning group, The Poppy Project.
The borough is attractive to sexual services because of Wembley National stadium and its major events, good transport links and a relatively transient population, the report said.
You may also want to watch:
The problem of pimps and madams are among the issues being scrutinised by a new task force set up to tackle prostitution in north west London.
Cllr Ann John, OBE, the task group chairwoman, said: "There are two main ways of tackling prostitution - reduce the supply and reduce the demand.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 4 Cricklewood Library crowdfunder launched to 'get it over the line'
- 5 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 9 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 10 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
"Reducing supply relies on tackling trafficking, preventing women entering prostitution through other means and supporting women to exit prostitution."
For the full report buy the Times on Thursday