Olympic sex trade fear
by Andy McCorkell Prostitites and pimps will flood the borough to cash in on the crowds attending the Olympics, a report has revealed. Brent has been identified as having the second largest number of adverts for brothels in London in a re
by Andy McCorkell
Prostitites and pimps will flood the borough to cash in on the crowds attending the Olympics, a report has revealed.
Brent has been identified as having the second largest number of adverts for brothels in London in a recent 'Big Brothel' report by campaigning group, The Poppy Project.
The borough is attractive to sexual services because of Wembley National stadium and its major events, good transport links and a relatively transient population, the report said.
You may also want to watch:
The problem of pimps and madams are among the issues being scrutinised by a new task force set up to tackle prostitution in north west London.
Cllr Ann John, OBE, the task group chairwoman, said: "There are two main ways of tackling prostitution - reduce the supply and reduce the demand.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
"Reducing supply relies on tackling trafficking, preventing women entering prostitution through other means and supporting women to exit prostitution."
For the full report buy the Times on Thursday