Olympic sex trade fear
by Andy McCorkell Prostitites and pimps will flood the borough to cash in on the crowds attending the Olympics, a report has revealed. Brent has been identified as having the second largest number of adverts for brothels in London in a re
by Andy McCorkell
Prostitites and pimps will flood the borough to cash in on the crowds attending the Olympics, a report has revealed.
Brent has been identified as having the second largest number of adverts for brothels in London in a recent 'Big Brothel' report by campaigning group, The Poppy Project.
The borough is attractive to sexual services because of Wembley National stadium and its major events, good transport links and a relatively transient population, the report said.
The problem of pimps and madams are among the issues being scrutinised by a new task force set up to tackle prostitution in north west London.
Cllr Ann John, OBE, the task group chairwoman, said: "There are two main ways of tackling prostitution - reduce the supply and reduce the demand.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 8 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
"Reducing supply relies on tackling trafficking, preventing women entering prostitution through other means and supporting women to exit prostitution."
For the full report buy the Times on Thursday