Nursery cheer after plans get green light
CHILDREN and parents have welcomed news that a nursery will be able to build new facilities after councillors bucked officer recommendations to approve the scheme. But Crickets Montessori Nursery will still have to wait an extra month to find out if the
CHILDREN and parents have welcomed news that a nursery will be able to build new facilities after councillors bucked officer recommendations to approve the scheme.
But Crickets Montessori Nursery will still have to wait an extra month to find out if the councillors' thumbs up will be upheld.
Crickets applied to build a new nursery at the Bowling Green Pavilions in Chatsworth Road in Brondesbury Park. But council officers recommended the application be turned down, citing environmental and neighbourhood amenity concerns.
After an emotional hearing at the planning committee on March 18, councillors approved the plans by seven votes to three.
You may also want to watch:
Celia Stephenson, who runs Crickets, said: "We were all absolutely ecstatic when councillors voted to approve it. It was fantastic.
"I'm rallying all my parents again to attend the next meeting. Their support has been invaluable."
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 6 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 7 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
A Brent council spokeswoman said the application would be voted on again by councillors on April 14.
She said: "If the planning committee intend to grant planning permission contrary to the officer's recommendations, Brent's constitution requires the application to be deferred.
"This is to allow the committee to be further advised on the implications of the application before making a final decision.