Number 83 bus to terminate at Alperton and lose its 24-hour service
- Credit: Archant
The number 83 bus will terminate at Alperton and a new route will be rolled out that will serve Ealing and Northwick Park hospitals via Wembley from September.
Transport for London (Tfl) have announced the changes which also sees the 24-hour service on the 83 bus axed but a new N83 introduced which will adopt its current route between Ealing Hospital and Golders Green.
Last week TfL revealed the changes will take place from September 10 following a public consultation into the plans which showed 57 per cent of respondents supported or partially supported the changes to the 83 route.
The report also showed the new 483 route was given the thumbs up by 77 per cent of respondents.
According to TfL, the changes are being made to cope with an increase in passengers on the 83 route in the last five years.
You may also want to watch:
This is predicted to rise with the regeneration projects taking place in Wembley town centre and Wembley Park,
The route has seen a surge of 15 per cent in the week and 24 pc over the weekend while usage of the night service is up by 40 pc.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 6 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 7 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 8 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 9 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 10 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties